Sunday 4 February 2024

The Peacock 1139

 How old is your daughter?" say I.

"Just three.  I never had a chance to meet her."

"What happened?" says Francois.

"As I said, it is a long story.  I didn't even know that Hannah was pregnant when she left me.  Then someone in the parish informed me of this position for a street worker in the interchurch Network, and thought I should apply for it.  And of course, I did want to get away, make a fresh start, as they say. and here, I feel I have found my place, and where God wants me.  But my mother's partner died recently, from covid, and she is suffering from stage four cancer and may not be around much longer, and I am still waiting for flight restrictions to relax, but might make a try anyway to get back and spend time with her before she goes.  Plus, I have been in touch with Hannah, and she badly wants me to know our daughter.  Reconciliation is out of the question, since I was never cut out to be a husband or a partner, but we can at least give each other closure...

No comments:

Post a Comment