Monday 1 May 2023

The Peacock 865

 I had a complete mental and emotional breakdown following their death  I broke everything off with Jens and went on a year long sabbatical.  Curiously, Greta and I continued with our weekly meetings over lunch.  She even visited me almost every day during the two weeks I was hospitalized for depression and hallucinations.  She showed incredible compassion, in her emotionally detached way, but then she asked me to please be patient with her in this regard because she has Asperger's Syndrome.   She was also considered one of the most brilliant and promising students, not only in her field of environmental sciences, but also in the entire university.  We never talked about the old couple, or the kid, or the refuge.  Then, one day, she said she had been offered a place in a special course in Vancouver at UBC.  She would be away for four months.  And then she invited me to join her.  I couldn't refuse.  and, Kenny, that would be the first time you came to our attention, because even though you were also at the time engaged in street prostitution, you were still studying the same course in the same program as Greta...

No comments:

Post a Comment