Saturday 1 October 2022

The Peacock 654

 "Carl". says Melissa sharply, and getting right in his face.  "What happened?"

"Chill, little sister", he says laughing.  "We saw an angel and he spoke to Francois, who is upstairs resting.  And quite frankly, Chris and I are also needing quiet time, so pray hold us excused.  We three are dining together upstairs."

Together, Carl and I portion out the food onto three large dinner plates, including the chocolate cheesecake squares that Melissa has just made, for dessert, and three tall glasses of juice.  Carl puts everything on a large serving tray which he carries with him and now we are climbing the grand staircase.

"You know, Chris, sometimes these stairs remind me of the Grand Staircase on the Titanic."

"I hope that isn't a metaphor."

"Same here."

At Francois' door, I knock softly.  Again I knock, louder.  There is no answer.  I push open the door.  He is lying on top of his bed, snoring softly.

"Dinner is served", announces Carl in a loud, cheery singsong voice.

Francois opens his eyes and smiles.  "Perhaps we could dine in Christopher's room", he says.  "The desk is larger and there is more room..

No comments:

Post a Comment