Tuesday 18 October 2022

The Peacock 672

 I pick up Kenny's diary again, while the bitter sweet delight of chocolate melts slowly on my tongue.  I don't feel quite ready to read, not just because my mouth is a bit full, but also because I really want this moment to enjoy the chocolate, and only the chocolate.  Plus, I'm afraid of what I am going to find out.  Still, I turn to the next page, and begin to read:

  I don't know what to tell Jim, and Christopher is not going to know any of this.  It is just too fucking freaky, Harriet, and I really need to start getting my shit in order again.  I can't have this handsome Nordic guy, Lindstrom, stalking me everywhere.  Yeah, of course he's hot, the most gorgeous man I've ever seen, naked and clothed, and that makes it even creepier.  But now it seems the tide has turned, and now he seems afraid of me, so maybe I won't be hearing from him for a while anyway.  Is he even human?  What is he, anyway?  Well, now I remember that first night with him, when I  was still working as Cassandra, my last night as Cassandra, but all I remember after that was stepping into his car, then waking up the next morning in the Hotel Vancouver, wearing some other dude's clothing.  And of course, the manager told me his name, and I managed to slip by him, if his name really is Lindstrom.  But I need to remember everything that happened, but it's still nowhere in my head.  I wonder if I should see someone who practices hypnosis, and yes, I think I know what to do, because Jim has already recommended to me an excellent psychiatrist who specializes in recovering forgotten trauma...

"Did you know any of this?" Carl asks me.

"Nothing.  But I do remember maybe that same day or so Kenny meeting privately with Dad in his office.  No one ever told me what it was about.."


No comments:

Post a Comment