Sunday 30 October 2022

The Peacock 684

 "That tall blonde guy who abducted them to the house here, back in the sixties", say I.  "Who do you think he was?"

"You mean, what do I think he was?" says Carl querulously.

"You mean it isn't obvious?" says Francois.  The rather depleted bag of chocolate chips is resting on the left arm of the chair he is sitting in.  I suddenly crave more chocolate.  Quietly, almost blindly, I instinctively, without thinking, raise myself up from the chair and extend my right hand.

"What's the magic word?" says Carl.

"Gimme!" I reply, and laughing, Francois tosses me the bag of chocolate chips.

"Shouldn't we be drinking beer instead" says Carl, laughing.

"Shut up", I tell him while reaching my hand into the bag of chocolate chips.

"What about that guy we saw in the garden?" says Carl.

"That was no guy", says Francois quietly.

"But, you don't think", he says

"Not in the least.  Totally different everything.  You done with those chocolate chips yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment