Saturday 29 October 2022

The Peacock 683

 "So this is an invasion?" say I.

"The long and short of it is", says Carl, "They are supposed to be here to help us."

"Whitey to the rescue", says François.  "And given their resume with the Third Reich, don't expect me to welcome them for a cup of tea.

"If they even exist", say I.

"And that", says Carl, "Is a big if."

"Carl", says François with a naughty little smile, "You have blonde hair and blue eyes...

"Don't even go there!" he says laughing.  "Besides, I'm too short."

"What about those guys we just heard about in the journal of Cosme?" say I.

"Curiouser and curiouser", says Carl.

"You don't think..." says Francois.

"No, I don't do conspiracy theories.  I am a journalist," says Carl, "But I'm not that kind of journalist...."

No comments:

Post a Comment