Wednesday 5 October 2022

The Peacock 659

 "How do you know all this?" says Carl.

"Francois blinks and quietly resumes eating, then, while food is still in his mouth, he says, "I really don't know.  Look, I think I heard several things being spoken to me today in the garden, and this just popped into my head somehow.  Anyway, what do you gentlemen propose we do after dinner?  Should we go downstairs and join the others, or play by ourselves up here in the attic?"

"I move that we stay up here", say I.

"Agreed", says Carl.  "There is something here that feels unfinished.  What do you think, Chris?"

"I think you're right."

"Should we have another look at your friend's journal?"

"I don't see why not", say I.

"Are there any chocolate chips left?"

"There's still a full bag in the bottom desk drawer.  Waiting to be plundered..."


No comments:

Post a Comment