Thursday 6 October 2022

The Peacock 660

 I have just reached for Kenny's diary, and pause before opening.  This thing has a certain power, it is almost like a living thing, and frankly, I have become afraid of it  With effort, I flip through the pages , then I begin to read:

"He was following me again today, that handsome well dressed guy that won't talk to me.  This time in the forest of Pacific Spirit Park, of all places.  The thing is, how does he know where to find me?  But find  me he does, and again, it's the same thing.  I was walking on a quiet trail, no one seemed to be around then this slightly creepy feeling started to come over me.  I turned around, and there he was, at a distance.  But I still recognized him.  I thought for a minute, then decided to let it go  and just keep walking.  So, I walked on for another five or ten minutes, then turned around again.  He was closer.  I sped up, hoping I would lose him, but he had also quickened his pace.  Anyway, he seems like a faster walker than me, a lot faster.  It was like last week when he was following me in Stanley Park.  I slowed my pace, deliberately, to see if he would catch up with me, but he also slowed down.  Finally I stopped and glared at him.  He must have been about forty feet away.  He didn't move.  Then I decided again to approach him....

No comments:

Post a Comment