Tuesday 25 October 2022

The Peacock 679

 "Here, he continues", says Francois:

"I began to think there was something amiss when I heard another voice, as well as Chris and Jim.  I can't quite make out what they are saying, then I hear Jim, loud and rather angry, not at all like him, saying, look, I said he is'nt here, now please shove off!

I was seated at the kitchen table, waiting as they both came in.  Father and son both, looking grim and worried, sat down with me.  Jim just said, "some man was just out there in the driveway, asking about you.  He was a little bit demanding so I had to tell him to shove off.  Unfortunately I had to lie, I said you don't live here, but I trust that God will see my heart and forgive me this minor sin.  Kenny, I am afraid you might be in some kind of danger.  What can we do to help?"

"Did you have a good look at him", I asked.

"He was tall, wearing dark clothing but kept his distance, and it was hard to make out his features otherwise.  Seemed like a well educated sort, I would guess."

I'm not afraid of him, I said.

"There is no need to be brave", said Jim.

"Brave shmave, this guy is only a nuisance  He's really a pussy."

"Should we call police"

"Nothing they can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment