Sunday 16 October 2022

The Peacock 670

 "I don't know if this could help", say I, "but she thought she was alone in the apartment, and so she was talking in English, but when she turned around and saw me, she immediately switched to Swedish."

"She didn't want you to know what she was talking about", says François, "and she was your wife?"

"In a manner of speaking, I would imagine."

"What do you remember?" says Carl.

"'I am nowhere near solving the problem of Lindstrom, and Christopher hasn't given me so much as the remotest clue' she said, and she did sound a bit emotional and angry.  Strange for Greta, because she was always very cool and rational.  About everything.  A total scientist."

"She just said Lindstrom", says Carl.  "No first name or anything."

"Nothing else."

"Then he probably wasn't a relative."

"I did ask her about him when she got off the phone.  But she ignored me and went out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment