Thursday 20 October 2022

The Peacock 674

 "Are they sure it was suicide", says Carl.

"We're skeptical.  There was evidence of a traumatic blow to the head, and they couldn't be one hundred percent persuaded that it wasn't just a natural impact blow from when he dove, or fell, from the bridge."

"Wasn't Lindstrom already out of the picture?" says Francois.

"That would be hard to say.  You see, Kenny, nor my dad, ever mentioned anything at all to me about Lindstrom.  For me, only on these pages does he have any existence.  I think we would want to read more of his diary, just to get an idea, but there are still quite a few pages left.  What do you think, should I keep reading, or do we want to leave it till next time."

"It's not even nine thirty yet", says Carl, glancing at the clock radio.  I say we keep reading."

"Agreed", says Francois.

"But what about the others?" say I.

"I'm sure they are getting by just fine without us.  Wait a minute, do I hear Carol on the piano?" says Carl.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to."

"We can hear her fine from up here.  Read on, kid.."

No comments:

Post a Comment