Saturday 15 October 2022

The Peacock 669

 "That must have been the same day that Kenny came back to live with us again", say I.   He actually was wearing those same clothes when he came to the house that evening with Dad.  He seemed confused and disoriented, said he couldn't remember anything from the previous couple of days, that no, he hadn't been drinking or using drugs, so we just let it go and didn't question him."

"Can you tell by the date of the entry?" says Carl.

"No, because he was just remembering it as if for the first time."

"How absolutely bizarre", says François.  "His name was Lindstrom?"  

"Very common name in Sweden," says Carl.

"Greta, my ex-wife, had relatives named Lindstrom.  She only mentioned them once.

"Did she have any family by that name living in Canada?" asks Francois.

"I only heard her mention the name once, while on the phone with a relative in Sweden, an uncle, I think."

"Do you remember any details?" says Carl.

"Pass me some chocolate and give me a minute to think..."

No comments:

Post a Comment