Monday 10 October 2022

The Peacock 664

 "It's amazing what a daily dose of good chocolate can do for one", says Carl.  "Your friend, did he enjoy chocolate."

"You mean Kenny", say I, with slight exasperation.

"Yes him too", says Carl.  "Kenny", he says giggling.  "Sorry.  Silly me."

"Kenny loved chocolate.  Almost every day he would bring home a couple of bars of the good stuff and share it with us.  Usually Lindt.  

"Dark chocolate'?" says Francois, who still appears light and joyful, if tired.

"All varieties."  Carl passes me the bag of chocolate chips, then after I fill my mouth again I pass them back, and now Francois is digging in again.  I pick up Kenny's diary, and read the next entry

"He came looking for me at work.  It's three days since I spent that night with him and whoever else in the forest.  What does he want?  But he simply walked in, and stood there and looked around like he owned the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment