Wednesday 12 October 2022

The Peacock 666

 "I closed the shop and went home feeling elated, victorious.  I had stood up to this psycho and scared him off.  And he still expected me to return for another naked romp in the forest.  Such nerve!  But then, while having supper with Jim and Christopher, I felt suddenly vulnerable again  Harriet had departed, and I was already making plans to go off to the woods where I would meet the incredibly gorgeous psycho on the Sword Fern Trail.  But I already knew then, as I do now, the day after, that sex and lust had nothing to do with it.  Yes, the most gorgeous man, clothed and naked, I had ever seen, but who the fuck was he?  

After washing the dishes, without saying anything to anyone, I slipped off to the woods.  I felt strangely driven.  It was a bit cooler that evening, and overcast, promising rain.  I entered the forest from the university campus, and soon found the Sword fern Trail.  He didn't say where on the trail, and it is a very long trail, so I just walked, hoping to simply enjoy the forest regardless of what happened.  I actually wanted to see him, and was trying to keep Harriet locked in the closet.  Harriet was having none of it.  I know now that, whoever Harriet is, among other things, she is my protector.  Every time I have ignored her, especially while working the street, it would be to my peril.  But then she took me over with almost militaristic force, and suddenly I was prancing and skipping and strutting like a top model on a Paris catwalk, and there he was, sitting on a rock, and I threw out my arms and shrieked in my queeniest shrill, "oh hi you great big handsome studly of a man you, and I skipped over and wrapped my arms around his neck.  He quickly stood up, pushed me away with such force that I nearly fell backward, then walked quickly away from me, without looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment