Thursday 27 October 2022

The Peacock 681

 "Next entry?" says Carl.

Francois begins to read  


"Slow day in the store today, hardly anyone came in.  We are still running our sale on potted herbs, but only the basil seems to be going.  No one likes thyme anymore, so we could hardly say that thyme is running out.  You can tell by the quality of my puns, Harriet, that I had a crappy work day.  Well, not crappy, just slow.  Everything seems to be moving at the turgid speed of a constipated turd.  Both Jim and Chris are downstairs in the kitchen, getting supper ready  I offered to help, but they said they want to surprise me.  These two are both so kind.  I seem to have woken up this morning with three scratches on my leg, just below the right knee.  I have no idea how they might have got there.  I have not been walking among any brambles or thorns lately.  And there is no cat in the house, and these do look like cat scratches.

"Lindstrom, or Blondie?  Yeah, that's it, blame it on Blondie.  I think I am going to be rather obsessed with that strapping Nordic god for a while anyay.  Seriously, I don't even know if he's human.  I heard recently about this race of Nordic looking space aliens that are supposed to be staying here on earth and they are advising heads of government.  Who would have imagined?.  Time to loosen my tin foil hat before I start getting a migraine...

No comments:

Post a Comment