Sunday 23 October 2022

The Peacock 677

 I don't know why, but for some reason my eyes have trouble focussing on the page, and the feeling of oppression weighs on me like a coat of mail.  My mouth is feeling suddenly dry.  "You guys, I just need to get a glass of water from the bathroom.  I for some reason have trouble focussing right now."

"Want one of us to read instead for a while?" says Francois.

"Yes, that would be helpful."  I get up and feel like I am trying not to stagger as I leave the room.  

The water is cold and refreshing.  I quaff two full glasses and carry back with me glass number three.

"Still want me to read?" says Francois, smiling warmly.

"Yes, could you please?" say I, resuming my place on the bed.  It no longer feels so bad in here, and I am feeling a bit tired, but I am struggling to stay awake.

"It's now over a week since our last encounter in the woods, and still no sign of Blondie.  Well, that's my name for this Lindstrom character.  It seems that provided I don't take him seriously he is not going to be a problem to me.  Funny, why didn't I think of this before.  Still, I seem to be going through each day feeling as though I am being watched and sometimes followed, and this kind of creepiness is rather hard to laugh off methinks.  I hear a knock on the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment