Tuesday 2 May 2023

The Peacock 866

 We found a small two bedroom flat near the university.  We had a housing allowance, since I was also there under the guise of research and education, and it was all very affordable.  Greta and I continued to meet for lunch once a week even though we were also living in the same apartment, but not as a couple.  That was a card that we simply were not prepared to play between us, and to this day I don't think either of us regrets this.  Greta has recently returned to Sweden, but I am still living there, and if you wish, I would be happy to have you over for a cup of coffee sometime, Kenny.  We saw you in the neighbourhood, and I think this would have been just a little before the time when you moved back in with your friends.  Greta and I knew in an instant that you were one of us, and that you are also my son.  That was when I trailed you downtown.  Fortunately I had been given a car allowance.  And I saw you in the district where the sex workers stand, but for some reason you were not dressed like a woman,  but in ordinary boy's attire, a T shirt and blue jeans.  Remember, you came into my car, and we went to the Hotel Vancouver, where I hoped we could talk privately in one of the rooms there.

Sven, I said, I was dressed as Cassandra that night.

He insisted that I was wearing men's clothing.  And he might have been right, because I did sometimes work as a boy.

He went on to tell me that because we were both chosen, and because of the many problems we both lived with that our memories were not going to be reliable.  And that also happened later in the forest where I spent the night.  We had not taken off our clothes, he hadn't even stuck around, it was all a hallucination.  and likewise when I thought he had taken me to his penthouse apartment downtown.  There was no penthouse apartment.  I had been walking in a delusional state....

No comments:

Post a Comment