Sunday 14 May 2023

The Peacock 878

 We have been here almost half an hour, chatting about pleasantries and making small talk, and this all feels now surprisingly comfortable.  But I also know this is not going to be a long visit, and we have to get into Vancouver.  Robert appears aware of this and says:

"I see you are almost on your way, and I certainly don't want to detain you.  There is just one other thing I was wanting to mention to you.  It is about Douglas.   He was released on bail into my custody.  Well, he has been reported as missing."

"Since when?" says Carl.

"Since four days ago.  He spent only one night here, then the next morning there wasn't hide nor hair of him."

"And the police know this?" says Francois.

"They say they are working on it.  But they also appear at a complete loss..."

No comments:

Post a Comment