Tuesday 30 May 2023

The Peacock 894

 "Shut up.  No way", says Carl.

"That is the penalty for breaking the seal of the confessional."

"Seriously?" say I.  "we would never think of divulging that kind of information."

"Seriously."

"You can trust us", says Carl.  

"Too late.  It's already out there.  My goose is cooked, so I might as well move on."

"What are you going to do?" say I.

"I have no idea.  There is no way I am going to face those bastards in the church.  I am done and I am  not going to give them any cause to rejoice over my bones."

"Can't blame you for that", Carl says.  "Francois, please, more than ever, you have to stay with us.  At least until you've had time to figure out your next direction.  And if we are part of that direction, then so much the better.  But I think you would be wise to stick close with us for a while anyway."

"I totally concur", say I.

"Thank you", says Francos solemnly.  "Thank you so much you guys"  He is quiet, and so are we, then he looks up at my huge window and says, "What a magnificent view from up here...."

No comments:

Post a Comment