Friday 5 May 2023

The Peacock 869

 "Tomorrow's a big day", says Carl.  "What do you say we turn in for the night?"

"Nothing would please me more", says Francois, yawning.  "Yikes, it's after eleven.

"Carl", say I while getting up from the chair, "What kind of arrangements have been made for everyone to quarantine when they get here."

"Cripes", he says, "I never thought of that..  I assumed they'd be coming straight here."

"They are going to be intercepted and detained by customs, and then put up for two weeks in a hotel at their expense..

"Could they just tell them they're going to be out here in the sticks?"

"They can be nasty", say I.  "Here's the plan.  We should prepare to be away from here for at least seventeen days, just in case, so I recommend that all three of us pack enough clothes with us."

"So much for your retreat", says Carl.

"You call this a retreat?" And now we are all laughing....

No comments:

Post a Comment