Wednesday 24 May 2023

The Peacock 888

 "What do you plan to do, Christopher?" says Francois, who seems to relish in saying my full given name, and I like the way he pronounces my name with his elegant accent, French tinged, but decidedly upper class.  "I mean once you are finished with your retreat, such as it is."

"They gave me a generous leave of absence and my cerb benefits should last me another few months.  After that,  don't know.  I would like to return to work, and there appears to be a higher than usual demand with covid morbidity.  I do want to return, eventually, but I am still enjoying this time away." 

"Or you might by then accept the fact that your material needs will be already taken care of as you launch into the Lord's work with your brothers Carl and Francois", says Carl from behind the steering wheel.

"While we are staying together at my father's house", say I, because, for some reason, I don't want to call that house my home.  It is my father's house.

"What is our next stop, by the way?" says Carl.

"We can stop in my condo downtown, have a cup of coffee, and there get our bearings.  But we should spend the night in my father's house..."

No comments:

Post a Comment