Wednesday 31 May 2023

The Peacock 995

 We have agreed that we are going to function for the next couple of weeks as a vegetarian household.  Carl,. despite his forays into burger heaven in the Sunrise diner, feels a need to stay true to his sister's cooking.  Francois has been vegetarian since living in the big house and I have never been very fussy.  So we re stocking up on dried beans, cheese, eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions,. garlic, leeks, oranges, apples, strawberries, peanut butter, whole grain bread, strawberry jam, honey, coffee, tea, we are loading up here in the No Frills grocery store.  I don't know why I insisted on shopping here since we re all flush right now, but I will be damned if I let Carl beat me to the cash checkout with his Visa card and sure enough, one more time Francois has succeeded in distracting him, with questions about pricing for milk and eggs, and it looks like the final items, three four litre jugs of two percent milk and a couple of bunches of semi ripe bananas and I am tapping my debit card before Carl can even reach for his wallet.  He accepts the touché of my sweet little smile and without further comment we all load our loot into the van...

No comments:

Post a Comment