Thursday 4 May 2023

The Peacock 868

 "Is that all there is?", says Francois.

Carl begins to sing,in a passably pleasant baritone , "is that all there is, is that all there is.  If that all there is, my friend, then let's keep dancing.  Let's break out the booze and have a ball.  If that's all there is."

"Is that your litany to Peggy Lee'" says Lazarus, chuckling, and it is strange to even see him smile, and such a pleasant change.

"That's all folks", say I.

"I am so relieved that you invited us to hear this, Chris", says Jason.  "So much is making sense now."

"Do you know what I think?" says Carl.

"That Kenny may still be alive?" say I.

"That is exactly what I am thinking.  Chris, when your friend arrives here from Sweden in a couple of days, he is going to have some explaining to do."

"That he is", I concur, "That he is."

No comments:

Post a Comment