Monday 15 May 2023

The Peacock 879

 "By the way", says Carl to Robert, "My mom arrives in Vancouver this Wednesday.  She is bringing two friends with her."

"Yes", says Robert.  "Frida and John.  Two very excellent people, a couple, from Wisconsin originally.  I also understand they will be quarantining in a hotel for two weeks."

"So you're in touch with her?"

"Almost every day.  She is extremely worried about you and Melissa and how things are getting along at the big house.

"I am going to cede it over to Melissa.  Mom I don't trust so much.  But I'm leaving."

"And where are you going to go?  What are you going to do with yourself?"

"Francois and I are going to be living with Chris in his family home."

"Out at UBC?"

"That's right."

"Wasn't it bequeathed to the diocese?"

"Not exactly", say I.  "My dad stated clearly in his will that they could borrow it for housing purposes, but that it was my house and I had the final say.  It's legally binding.  Plus, their tenants just moved out and so I am taking, or we are taking occupancy.  "

"Robert, I was wondering." says Carl.  "Could you be on hand, please, to help Mom and Melissa at the house, with managing and everything.  I am no longer going to be part of things, and others also are planning to bail..."

No comments:

Post a Comment