Monday 29 May 2023

The Peacock 893

 "News?" says Carl, between fistfuls of potato chips pulled from the bag.  I really haven't even thought of putting them in a proper bowl.

"That was the deacon telling me the house is okay and ready for us. We have also been left a cat that should be there to welcome us.  Do you guys like cats?"

"I love cats", says Francois. 

"Ï'm okay with them", says Carl.  "But I do want a dog.  Can we get a puppy, Chris?"

"No,"

"Aw!"

"One animal in the house will be plenty."

Francois, looking sideways towards Carl, quips,"Methinks that the cat is not going to be the only animal in the house."

"I love you too, brother", says Carl shoving the bag of chips in his face, "now eat!"

"By the way, you guys", says Francois, nibbling thoughtfully on a potato chip.  "There is one detail I think I need to share with you."

""Which is?" says Carl.

"I am effectively now excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church."


No comments:

Post a Comment