Friday 19 May 2023

The Peacock 883

 What about Melissa?"

"She's free to do whatever she wants.  She will have Mom with her at the house, and she is no pushover, so If Robert tries anything he will have my sister to contend with, and we already know how strong she is.

"Then what are you going to do."  I have noticed that Francois has become absorbed in his own thoughts, so the conversation for a while is going to be between Carl and me.

"I am going to live with you.  And I am going to continue to write articles and publish them.  Not that I need the income because everyone knows that I'm loaded.  And by the same token, Chris, if you are comfortable with this, you will not have to work another day of your life.

"I can't be your kept boy", I reply, suddenly laughing because this is all starting to seem hilarious.  "Number one, I am older than you.  Number two, we're not sleeping together.  Number three, I want to work.  I love what I do, and I plan to go on in palliative nursing, at least for the foreseeable future."

"Then what am I going to do with all this money?"  And Carl appears to be trying not to smile.  "I mean, after all the costs and needs of the house, people living 'there, etcetera, I am still going to want to invest the rest of it meaningfully.  Yes, I will be supporting Mom and her two friends as well.  But, how about if I buy all of us a nice big house somewhere?"

"I want to live in my father's house.  And I want both of you to share it with me."

"What about your ex brother in law?"

"Him too.  Him too...


No comments:

Post a Comment