Friday 12 May 2023

The Peacock 876

 "Hello Robert, this is Carl...Vancouvoerden.  Yes, that Carl.  I didn't get you out of bed did I?.  Well, listen, we're just driving into Mission, that's Christopher, Francois and I, and we thought maybe we'd pay you a little courtesy call.  Yes, that's right.  Okay, we'll be right over."

"Carl", says Francois, "I am not at all comfortable about this."

"You don't have to come in if you don't like.  And neither does Chris.  But I feel that God is telling me that I have to see him.  This should be brief."

"As you wish."

"What do you want to see him about?"

"I am going to see if he is ready to apologize."

"I suppose it's worth a gamble", say I.

"Count me out", says Francois.

"Party pooper!"

Even for me Carl seems to be carrying his nerviness to a new extreme.  I am wondering about persuading Francois to stage a mutiny,  maybe even grab for the keys and one of us can drive instead.  This is definitely not going according to plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment