Saturday 20 May 2023

The Peacock 884

 "What do you pay in property taxes?"

"That is why I want to sell the condo.  Or rent it out."

"I'll take care of it."

"No."

"Chris.  Yes.  Let me. please."

"It shouldn't become your problem."

"Do you want to keep your family home, when so many people in this province are becoming housing insecure?"

"I'll figure something out.  God will provide, if he wants me to keep the house."

"Chris", says Carl.  "God has just provided."

"But..."

"No buts.  Chris, God is providing through your crazy Dutchman.  Don't be proud.  Agreed?"

I really don't have the energy to fight with Carl.  He is really too strong for me.  And he is also, as always, right.  "Agreed."  

"I still expect to pay rent", says Francois.

"It's taken care of", says Carl.

"Oh, just listen to the Great White Benefactor."  And suddenly Carl drives, silent and very inside himself.

"I'm sorry", says Francois.  "That was very unkind of me."

"I deserved it nonetheless", he says, sighing.  "Hey, you guys want to stop for lunch in New West?"

"Is it on you?" say I laughing.

"So what else is new!" Carl shouts out from behind the steering wheel, and now we are all laughing together while the tension dissipates.

No comments:

Post a Comment