Thursday 18 May 2023

The Peacock 882

 "What would you like to do?" I ask Francois.

"Well, while I was in university studying psychology, in which I have a degree, I worked almost throughout the time in a mental health boarding home.  So, something similar.  Entry level, I suppose."

"Jenn's son is also majoring in psychology", says Carl.  "I hope he comes out here for a visit sometime.  I would like to meet him."

"As would I", says Francois, "As would I."

"What do you think of her marriage to that guy" say I .

"Nothing at all surprising."

"But you don't think she was embellishing at all?"

"Her husband sounds like a typical African patriarchal swine.  And Jenn doesn't embellish.  After sharing space with her almost two years you could say that I have come to know her at least that well."

Francois sounds a little bit pissy right now, and it is hard to blame him.  Carl has not resumed playing the music and this trip has taken on, since our visit with Robert Griffin, a decidedly sombre tone.

"Are you okay with Robert being involved with the house", I ask Carl.

"He will likely take the place over completely.  That's okay. I'm done... 

No comments:

Post a Comment