Tuesday 23 May 2023

The Peacock 887

 I am relieved to get out of that restaurant. We are right in the middle of this pandemic, and not even the serving staff were wearing face masks, plus the place was extremely crowded.  I am thinking of checking in with the local health authority.   And I have also just heard both Carl and Francois mumbling something similar. But the food was good, if a bit overpriced.  On Francois' suggestion we are taking a walk.  We decided to skirt the riverfront, and are headed instead to the Queens Park neighbourhood.  The streets are lined with Victorian era mansions.  It is all very stunning, and as we are reaching the park, Carl mentions, "You would think the place is a ghost town or a movie set.  I have never in my life walked through anything so quiet.  And", he adds, "I also noticed a for sale sign in front of a particularly lovely home that might work just fine for us."

"Except", say I, "We are not moving."

"Not yet , anyway.  Hey, I just want to go back there and scan the QR code."

"As you wish", says Francois, and I am wondering if he has just censored himself from saying the words, "Great White Benefactor."

The house is gorgeous, and huge, light blue and white with stained glass, a turret and a veranda wrapped around the ground floor, the Queen Anne style.

While aiming his phone at the sign, Carl says, "I bet this baby must have at least twelve bedrooms."  

We are quiet as we backtrack to the park, where we are walking among the trees, but we are all losing momentum, and finally Francois says, "Shall we go back to the van?"  and without speaking we all concur.  It already appears that we are the three of us psychically linked, and already becoming of one mind, despite our differences.  This is going to be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment