Thursday 11 May 2023

The Peacock 875

 "There is a hideabed in the office.  He will be comfortable there".

"Hey you guys", says Carl, suddenly.  "I have this really wicked idea."

"Speak", says Francios."  

"We are less than five minutes from Father Griffin's home.  Shall we pay him a courtesy call?"

"Whatever for?" says Francois.  "That white supremacist hypocrite would be the last person I would want to see."

"I understand", says Carl.  "I just feel like intimidating him a bit."

"I say we let sleeping hyenas lie."

"What do you say,Chris."

"Francois is right.  And really, shouldn't we just leave him alone, for a while, maybe for a good long while?"

"Christopher speaks with wisdom."

Carl pulls the van to the side of the freeway.

"What's up", say I.

"I'm going to give him a phone call anyway, and that is something I am not going to do while driving."

"As you wish", I reply, sighing with boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment