Tuesday 16 May 2023

The Peacock 880

 "We can, of course, all talk about this once they are all here", says Robert.  "And if I am truly forgiven, I would be most honoured to participate in whatever way I can.  Are there still plans to use it as a retreat facility?"

"There remain a lot of unresolved variables", says Carl.  "The place is decidedly haunted and occupied by a presence that is not of God, and this impacts everyone.  Plus, it is on stolen native land, and we need to include my half-sister, who is a member of the Stolo Nation in the conversation."

"You have a half sister?  And she is aboriginal?"

"Long story.  She is our dad's daughter by a local Stolo woman more than thirty years ago.  Her name is Naomi.  We have only just met her, she is a community health nurse, and yesterday she vaccinated all of us against Covid.  You'd like her.  She is a Christian and very very sweet.  By the way, I just found out from mom the other day, that she was mentoring Douglas throughout his time with us.  This is very disturbing news."

"Yes, I do agree, Carl.  Listen, your mother is a marvellous woman, a marvellously gifted Christian, but she has been acquiring over the years some very troubling blind spots.  I am hoping that in a couple of weeks we can all have a good and very thorough conversation about these and other matters..."

No comments:

Post a Comment