Thursday 9 March 2023

The Peacock 812

 The manicured estate this sprawling mansion is on must cover a good part of the island.  The boy led me along various paths and walkways, past flowerbeds and through groves and fruit orchards and gardens.  We also bypassed a large maze cut out of cedar hedges.  He forbade me from going in, warning me that I would find myself lost in there for an awfully long time.  We came out onto a gigantic herb or physick garden  There were herbs both culinary and for healing, and perhaps also for purposes of divination, but that was one of many questions I was simply too afraid to ask him.  In the centre, was a circular stone wall.  He took me in through the portal.  There were smaller beds of herbs arranged in a clock pattern, twelve triangles in a circle radiating out from a huge sundial in the centre.  The sundial was not on a stand, but set in the ground with a circle of water surrounding it....

No comments:

Post a Comment