Monday 20 March 2023

The Peacock 823

 "His name is Jason", says Carl, plopping down in a comfy chair.

"Would you care to explain?" says Carol

"You don't have to put yourself through this again", says Carl, checking his friend with a wave of his hand. 

 "I could summarize, if you want."

"Yes, please do."

"The thing is", says Jason, "I no longer have to lie or cover up.  And I do apologize for not being entirely honest or transparent with all of you.  "The thing is, I used to be an actor, stage, was very good at it, but some trauma occurred and I went through some major identity issues.  I ended up in a particularly strange place around twenty years ago, mostly which I forgot, but I believe I was in consistent contact with the Divine, and the trauma affected my memory and my mental health.  That said, for the first time in more than two decades, I can remember everything. including my real name, Jason Egerton, and my mother was not a ballerina from Russia, but an office worker, divorced, and now retired and living in an apartment in Toronto."

"What exactly?" says Carol.
"Later, please", and now he is being stagey again.  "I need time to digest this..." 


No comments:

Post a Comment