Monday 27 March 2023

The Peacock 830

 It means that I will have to sell either the house or the condo because I am not paying property taxes and strata fees.  The condo has to go.  I don't want to lose the family home.  It's all I have left of my father.  And Carl will come to live with me.  There is no alternative.  We haven't exactly discussed it, but this appears to be quite understood between us.

This character, Martha, went by Matty as a younger woman in the small town where she lived in South Africa, or, I think Southern Rhodesia, Now Zimbabwe?  Whatever.  Matty was like an acquired self to help her hide who she was and simply get by in the everyday.  And in the anonymity of the big city of London, she can simply be who she really is, Martha.  And I have just taken the reverse direction, from Christopher to Chris?  I have accepted as costume the person of Carl's baptism?  Time will tell, I guess.  I think I will go on reading.  This looks interesting.

Now it is fully raining out there and my stomach is full of food and the page no longer holds my attention.  I have to lie down for a while...





No comments:

Post a Comment