Sunday 19 March 2023

The Peacock 822

 We have left the conversations in the diner.  This will be one of the quieter rides back to the house so far.  Jason, formerly Adam, and Lazarus are  in the back with Sarah.  Amanda is in the front, seated at my right.  Back at the house, as she gets out of my car, she says, "I have really enjoyed meeting all of you.  Does this mean I can come back sometime?"

"Our door is always open to you, Amanda", says Carl as he slams his car door.  "In fact, we have an extra space for dinner."

"What time?"

"Six-thirty."

"I'll be here", she says, climbing into her SUV.

In the house, Melissa and the others await us in the reception room.

"How did it go?" says Melissa, looking up from her phone.

"I would say, uncommonly well", says Jason.

"You are looking uncommonly well, Adam", says Carol, taking him in with a single look.  "And you are smiling."

"My name is Jason."

"I beg your pardon?"

"My name is Jason."

 "You don't say..."

No comments:

Post a Comment