Wednesday 1 March 2023

The Peacock 804

 I was awoken by someone knocking at the door.  I said feebly, "Come in."  It was the boy.  He came in without a word, then sat down in the comfy chair in the corner, facing the bed where I was lying."I trust you slept well", he said.  I felt too weak and groggy to respond.  Then I realized there was no clock in the room, and I wasn't wearing my watch. "What time is it", I asked.  He replied, "It is morning  "Yes but what time  of the morning"  "Early.  That's all you need to know.   You did sleep the night through.  You will probably want to have a shower now and get dressed.  Breakfast will be downstairs in the dining room.  I will show you the way."  He remained in the chair, as though waiting for me to get up and shower.  "Where is the bathroom", I asked.  He pointed to the door across from the bed.  I waited.  And he waited.  Then he said, "Take your shower now.  There are clean clothes for you in the closet and in the drawers here.  For some reason it occurred to me that this boy was not going to leave my side.  I wasn't sure about being naked in front of him, then realized that I already was, or might as well be naked in front of him, and it still wouldn't matter.  I struggled out of  bed, stripped off my shorts, making no effort to conceal myself.  The boy seemed completely indifferent to my physical charms.  He gestured to a basket in the closet where I could put my shorts.  I went in the bathroom and took a shower,  I don't think I even closed the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment