Thursday 30 March 2023

The Peacock 833

 "What's the plan for tomorrow?"

"We should leave right after breakfast.  We can take the van, but it needs servicing.  I figure we can get it serviced in Vancouver, Monday, after spending the night either in your apartment or the house, Tuesday morning we'll pick up your friend at the airport, and spend the night at your father's house since there'll be more room there.  Wednesday morning we will get Mom and her friends and from the airport head straight home again."

"That sounds like a plan."

"Or, we could put everyone up in your house for a few days more and just enjoy being away from here for a while."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Mom will want to come out here right away."

"What will you want to do?"

"I want to leave this monster house behind forever.  I can't because I have responsibilities here.  But, Chris, I badly want out of here.  I've had more than enough of this place.  The craziness, the isolation, the constant drama and intensity.  I'm tired."

"Let's go downstairs and help with dinner...."

No comments:

Post a Comment