Saturday 25 March 2023

The Peaock 828

 "This is all pretty sudden, I guess.  I mean, here I just got the news and already we're about to set up house together."

"Well, why not?  First there is going to be my mother to take care of.  And your ex brother-in-law from Sweden.  But one brick at a time, eh?

"I guess I should let you get back to your work.  What are you writing?"

"I'm drafting out an article about our friend Amanda."

"Did you get her permission?"

"Oh yes, this morning before we left for lunch.  I am cc-ing to her everything I write about her, because this has to be with her full collaboration, and I'm not in the mood for having tea with lawyers.  She just has a really interesting story, don't you think?"

"No argument there.  Well, the weather looks kind of shitty, so I'm going to hole up in my room with a book."

"Sounds excellent.  Will you be on hand to help with dinner?"

"No need to ask", I say getting up.  "What time should we leave tomorrow?"

"Right after breakfast..."

No comments:

Post a Comment