Tuesday 21 March 2023

The Peacock 824

 "The important thing is that I have my memory back.  And will no longer be doing historical dramas."

Carol appears to accept that the subject, for now at least, is closed , and redirects her gaze at Melissa.  

"What is the plan before dinner", she asks, as though she cannot wait for her next opportunity to feed herself.

"I don't know", she says.  "Carl, what are we doing for the next three or four hours."  

"I was going to see who I could pressgang to do some more yard work and work on the new trail, but it looks like it's starting to rain."

Glen comes in and sits down on the chair next to Carl.  "How was your lunch?" he asks.

"Simply divine, brother Glen.  Simply divine.  When are you going to join us?"

"Maybe in a few weeks.  You're going away?"

"Tomorrow Chris and I will be going into Vancouver to meet his friend at the airport Tuesday, and then our darling mother and her sidekicks on Wednesday, then bring everyone out here to paradise."

"Why not wait till Tuesday, then?"

"Chris and I want to spend time hanging out in Big Bad Vancouver for a couple of days.  Don't we, Christopher?"

"I have a condo downtown where we can stay."

"So much the better, brother, so much the better."


No comments:

Post a Comment