Tuesday 5 December 2023

1079

 Carl is drinking his coffee underneath Greta's purple tulip.  It is a beautiful painting, but I still want to get rid of it.  I still haven't figured out why.  We are not quite ready to return to the house.  I have telephoned Francois and he is completely wrapped up right now in his job search.

"How long do you think she'll be in hospital?"" sys Carl.

"It could be three or four weeks.  Maybe longer.  It's hard to say.  She hasn't been vaccinated and I imagine the same of her friends."

"I'm going to see if Melissa can come out to see her."

"She could stay here in the apartment if the house is too crowded for her.  But there is still plenty of room for her."

"I'd want her at the house with us.  But I don't know how easy it would be to tear her from the mansion.  She seems to have become habituated to living there over the years."

"Plus, she seems to feel committed to the wellbeing of the others."

"My sister has always been super responsible.  She is just amazing."

"Are we ready to head home?"

"I imagine we should be", says Carl, carrying both our dirty cups to the kitchen sink...

No comments:

Post a Comment