Friday 8 December 2023

The Peacock1082

 "Is that the guy that followed you from Wreck Beach?" says Carl as we walk into the parkade.

"Yes", I reply, still rather stupid from the shock of this encounter.  I am still holding between the thumb and index and middle fingers of my right hand his business card.

"Are you going to be okay", he says as I open the passenger door and heave myself onto the seat.

"I would imagine so."

Carl starts the engine and backs out of the parking space.  "I can see that would be quite a jolt for you."

"And now he's in Christian ministry.  In the area.  He might know your cousin."

"Cynthia?  Yes, you could be right."  As we are taking Pender Street west to Burrard, he adds, "I trust you'll be calling him."

"I suppose it would be the least I could do."

"Chris.  Call him.  Soon."

"Tomorrow."

"Yes.  Tomorrow.  Call Chuck tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment