Thursday 21 December 2023

The Peacock 1095

 "Point taken", say I.

"So, what happened?" says Francois.

"After we confirmed the house sale with Wee Willie Wang in New West, we stopped at the apartment for a coffee.  Then, on our way to the parkade we saw some street homeless people on the sidewalk and this guy coming out of the Mcdonald's with a couple of bags of food for them.  He knew me and said hi and explained that he is with a Christian street ministry."

"What's it like, seeing him again?" says Francois.

"A bit nerve wracking", say I.

We have arrived at the university village of small shops and Carl says suddenly, "I have a hankering for a Nanaimo bar.  How about you guys?"

We concur, and I hold sentry duty seated at one of the tables outside of Blenz while my friends go in to get our desserts and lattes...

No comments:

Post a Comment