Saturday 30 December 2023

The Peacock 1104

 "Wait a minute", say I, for I have suddenly recaptured one certain incriminating detail and I must share it with my ex brother-in-law, "Didn't you tell me that Greta was married to a Turkish guy named Mehmet?  And they have a son?"

"That is also true."

"Well then, how can it be both, unless she is a bigamist."

"She is married legally to Mehmet, but he lives in a different apartment with their son."

"Then what exactly is Lindstrom doing in the picture?"

"I can't explain."

"What do you mean, you can't explain."."

"It's because I don't know.  They never tell me anything, and I was also forced by both, under pain of consequences, that I never disclose to anyone about Lindstrom's presence in my sister's life.  Especially you."

"Have they threatened you?"

"Yes."

"In what way?"

"They were going to have me abducted and sent to an uncharted island somewhere.  And they weren't joking.  Those two have connections.  Big connections, and I am quite terrified of them."

"Why did they want to drive you to the airport?"

"I had been eavesdropping the last couple of days on some of their conversations, and they seemed to be in the process of making contacts to get me to some other place."

"That island?"

"I don't know.  But Greta was complaining to Swen that I was not cooperating, and that was when they started devising a plan.  They were talking in their bedroom, and I had hid myself in the bathroom next door with the express purpose of eavesdropping.  I was afraid of being found out, so I quietly snuck out of the apartment and went for a walk.  i suppose this all sounds kind of crazy to you."

"Not in the least, Erik...not in the least..."

No comments:

Post a Comment