Sunday 3 December 2023

The Peacock 1077

 "You just did what!" hollers Melissa over speakerphone.  She called her brother just as we were getting up to leave.  Now we are waiting here at the table in Starbucks, held hostage to the wrath of my friend's indignant little sister.

"I said", says Carl calmly, "That I just bought us a vintage Victorian era mansion in New Westminster."

"Does Mom know about this?"

"Mother is in hospital."

"With covid?"

"Yes, with covid."

"How is she?"

"They won't let her have visitors today, but said she's just been upgraded to stable, but will be on a respirator for a while."

"Why didn't you phone me?"

"Sorry Mel.  We got super busy.  I am going to try to see her tomorrow."

"What about John and Frida?"

"They've also been hospitalized."

"why did you buy that house, without telling me?"

"I did it with my money.  Why should I tell you?"

"But what are you going to do with it?  Are you going to live there?"

"I don't know, but I do know that Lazarus, Jason, Michael, his mom and others, are all getting anxious to leave the mansion.  This will provide them with housing in a safe place away from the demonic insanity of that house, and they can still be together, and that includes you too, little sister..."
















No comments:

Post a Comment