Monday 4 December 2023

The Peacock 1078

 The drive home has been quiet, without a lot of conversation.  I have come across an interesting bird article about Arctic terns and their migratory patterns and the impact of global warming and climate change and Carl appears to enjoy the distraction as I am reading it to him.  We both have some things to digest, and already I feel again the joy returning to me that was released for me yesterday in my experience of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  I am suddenly hearing in my head the eternal words of the medieval woman mystic, Julian of Norwich, "All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well", so now I am doing a search on my phone.


Here's what she said. "He said, Thou shalt not be tempested, thou shalt not be travailed, thou shalt not be distressed; but He said: Thou shalt not be overcome." And "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

"Thank you so much, Christopher", says Carl from the steering wheel, and I can tell that he is struggling not to weep.


No comments:

Post a Comment