Tuesday 19 December 2023

1093

 "And you said he was inappropriate with you?" say I.

"That would be a very kind way of saying it."

"Is there a story there?" says Carl.

Francois puts his fork down and stares a challenge at Carl.  "Aren't we a bit early?  You're still writing about Amanda."

Carl pauses, faltering, swallows his food and says, "Sorry."

"Carl", says François, in a conciliatory kind of voice.  "Please give me a couple of weeks to sort it all out in my head first.  I can take some notes, and maybe by month's end we can begin our collaboration?"

"That sounds fair enough."

"You guys want to watch Star Trek after dinner?" say I.

"I thought it would be nice if we could first take a walk in the neighbourhood, us three, and maybe you could tell me more about your day", says Francois.

"Deal", replies Carl...

No comments:

Post a Comment