Thursday 28 December 2023

The Peacock 1102

 "Bad news?" wonders Carl.

"It's from Erik.  He says, "Slept all day because there's nothing else to do in this fucking hotel room.  Thanks for the books, I'm already reading one of them.  Got time to talk tonight?"

I text his number.  "Hi Christopher," he says.

"Hey.  Good morning."

"It's already morning in Sweden.  Bloody jet lag.  Where are you right now?"

"Sitting at a table outside Blenz on the campus with Francois and Carl."

"What are you having?"

"Lattes with Nanaimo bars.  All three of us."

"How original.  I'm envious.  I remember those Nanaimo bars.  They were so exquisite."

"Haven't you tried any of the chocolate I bought for you?"

"You bought me chocolate?"

"Didn't front desk send you up the bag I brought you?"

"Wait, just a sec...Yeah here it is, right next to me on the bed...Lindt!  And orange chocolate!  My faves!  how can I thank you!"

"You just did.  Can I call you back in half an hour when we get home?"

"I'm not going anywhere..."

No comments:

Post a Comment