Tuesday 26 December 2023

The Peacock 1100

 "Couldn't she just buy you out?  You are each part owners, aren't you?"

"It isn't that easy."

"She doesn't want to?" say I.

"Probably not.  But it is also a stipulation in my father's will.  That Melissa and I are to live there in perpetuity."

"And if you just get up and leave?" says Francois.

"We are still tied to the place.  He meant to keep on controlling us from the grave."

"But what if you were to just forget about it and put the place up for sale and get on with your lives."

"That is what I intend to do.  But I don't know if I can pull it off."

"But what is stopping you?" say I.

"My mother.  I am not going to know what to do, not until she is out of hospital.  If I can just give the whole place over to her, that would also set me free.  Or somewhat."

"You couldn't just walk away?" says Francois.

"That is exactly what I am afraid of doing..."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment