Sunday 31 December 2023

1105

 "What are your plans once you are out of quarantine?"   

"I will have to look for work, since I do want to support myself.  Can I stay with you for a little while?"

"Erik, you may stay with me for a long while.  For as long as you want, provided you don't mind sharing space with the others, and I am sure they are going to welcome you."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously.  you and I are still family.  Remember?"

"Yes.  I remember.  Staying with you after Greta had gone to Sweden, I didn't want to go back, but Mom had already died and I was needed back in Sweden.  But I always wanted to return, to stay with you again."I

"As long as you are here with us you will be safe from them."

"They have a lot of power."

"So do we."

"Sven, he is not like us.  He is not human."

"Why do you say that?"

"Do you know how old he is?"

"From Kenny's diary, I would say that now he would be at least sixty."

"He does not look a year over thirty, and not just his face.  His body, his skin, his hair, his hands, his voice, his strength, his resilience."

"He is also fragile, mentally, I mean.  He was hospitalized here."

"And also in Sweden.  The guy is clearly a nut case."

"Just like your ex-brother-in-law."

"Sorry, man.  I didn't mean to sound crass."

"No offence taken.  Listen, I hear Carl calling me.  They want me to watch Star Trek with them."

"Phone me in the morning?"

"I will."

"Beam me up, Scotty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment